Biocat is located at the Barcelona Science Park, the first and most active science park in Spain. It hosts three internationally acclaimed research institutes, 100 companies and more than 2,500 highly qualified professionals – this is one of the best environments for business and networking of the city. While Biocat does not have its own space to offer, it has access to this vast availability of options within the science park.
Under MOEBIO, Biocat develops two programmes to develop entrepreneurship and innovation in life sciences. The specific contribution of these two programmes, both included within EIT Health pipeline, is:
- Moebio d·HEALTH Barcelona: 9-month postgraduate programme based on a needs-driven innovation process for medtech, inspired and modelled in the prestigious Stanford University Biodesign – which the participants experience a full cycle of innovation, from needs identification to designing and prototyping a viable solution and searching for funding. This programme is open and includes:
- Science: medicine for entrepreneurs, business models and value chains, trends in life science, clinical trial design, health economics, advanced materials, etc.
- Business: management tools for entrepreneurs, business innovation, finance for entrepreneurs, regulatory, IP, reimbursement, etc.
- Skills: teamwork and networking skills/dynamics, presentation skills, negotiation skills, etc.
- Moebio Bootcamp (CRAASH Barcelona): a 12-week programme that helps European research teams launch successful device, diagnostic and e-/digital health innovations that improve health and patient care, including European market validation (Paris and Delft) and Boston immersion (for the selected teams). This programme offers access to a wide network and a potential for mentorship.
Biocat acts as catalyst in the Catalan healthcare and life sciences ecosystem, driving strategy for the BioRegion which comprises a network of over 1,000 companies and 90 research bodies. Through this role, Biocat is able to provide direct access to top-notch KOLs and C-level suite of the industry and research system.
Beyond the local ecosystem, Biocat is part of international networks and has alliances with relevant partners in Europe and worldwide, such as EIT Health, BME IDEA, CEBR, Enterprise Europe Network, BioXClusters, MassBio, Massachussents Life Sciences, TO Health! and Mars Innovation.
Through Moebio, we have a long-term partnership with two of the most outstanding and best-performing innovative ecosystems in the world: Stanford (Silicon Valley/Bay Area) and CIMIT (Boston).
- Instituto Pedro Nunes
- Ireland Smart Ageing Exchange
- Medicen Paris Region
- Medical Valley EMN
- Medical University of Łódź
- Parc Cientific de Barcelona
- BioExel NUIG
- Universitat Politècnica de València
- Tecnalia Ventures
- Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- Innovation Skåne