Instituto Pedro Nunes
IPN incubator (IPNincubadora) has over 2,000m2 dedicated to incubation, 4,500m2 dedicated to acceleration and can make available co-working space or a dedicated office space with different formats available up to 66m2.
Several meeting rooms and auditoriums/training facilities are also available. Teams can access the Creative Lab and use equipment such as 3D printers, CNC and laser cutting machines.
IPN has three main offers for the winning teams: incubation, acceleration and R&D laboratories. IPN incubator project management team can provide operational support in setting up a team/company, as well as advanced services regarding funding and financial matters:
- Technical orientation in the company’s establishment and early stage development
- Tutorial follow-up for the business plan development
- Intellectual property and legal assistance (technology transfer contracts, patents or brands registration)
- Access and contact with several national and international research centres and the University of Coimbra
- Access to specialised consultants in varied areas (management, investments, marketing, taxes, safety, hygiene and health services at work, market strategy, technologies, quality, among others)
- Accounting services and tax-planning
- Support for the applications in areas such as: incentive for business investment, R&D, innovation, employment programs, among others
- Access to regular training in technological and management areas
- Support for fundraising and funding
- Marketing, market studies and networking with mature/established companies and KOL/experts
IPN is a key player in the R&D/industrial link. Given its university origin, it can provide direct access to the University of Coimbra, research labs and the largest Portuguese hospital (CHUC). This experience in running international programmes will allow the wining team to access potential partners and business links in Brazil, Africa and Latin America.
IPN is a founding partner of Ageing@Coimbra and the Health Cluster Portugal, as well as other associations such as EBN, EARTO, UTEN, PROTON and TII.
Winning teams can benefit from several IPNincubadora soft-landing programmes: REDE EMPREENDIA (Latin America); GLOBAL STARTUP PROGRAM (USA); EBN (Europe and China); RYME (Israel) or land2land (Brazil).