Parc Cientific de Barcelona
Barcelona Science Park is Southern Europe’s main life sciences research hub. To host this huge cluster of more than 2,700 researchers, entrepreneurs and science managers, we offer a wide variety of spaces for research including:
- General purpose office space;
- Laboratories for chemical research; biological research; and research and development in medical devices;
- Co-working laboratories;
- Laboratories with multiple shared scientific equipment: cell culture, histology, microscopy, radioactivity, special reactions;
- Animal research facilities;
- Class-10,000 cleanroom;
- Data centre to house servers and supercomputers;
- Three auditorium, 1,000 m2 in meeting rooms, and warehouses.
We have a vast range of services from general to the more scientific, professional, and tech-transfer services.
The key for start-ups and projects is our range of professional and tech-transfer services. We offer access to our press and scientific communications office, networking opportunities through a range of events, full support for business creation and development, as well as scientific and technical advice. Barcelona Science Park also provides support with patents and licensing, access to grants, and finance procurement.
Our general services include all the necessary basics, such as cleaning and maintenance of space, couriers, 24-hour security supply and management of technical gasses, rental and laundry of laboratory clothing, etc.
We also have full, high-specification scientific services, including:
- High-speed centrifuges and ultracentrifuges
- Dark rooms
- Material cleaning and purification
- Genomics and functional genomics
- Nuclear magnetic resonance
Barcelona Science Park is a facility of the University of Barcelona, located in the core of the Knowledge Campus, with easy access to some of the university’s main schools (there are studies in legal, economic and social sciences as well as experimental and life sciences). We host a large cluster in biomedicine, which includes some of the major research institutes of the south of Europe in life sciences – such as the Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB), the Institute of BioEngineering of Catalonia (IBEC) or the National Centre of Genomic Analysis (CNAG), amongst others.
The Park also hosts important institutions involved in research at European level, such as BioCat, the Spanish unit of EITH Health, and the Donation and Transplantation Institute; as well as almost 100 different companies from a wide range of fields. All these companies could serve as potential partners and consultants.
- Instituto Pedro Nunes
- Ireland Smart Ageing Exchange
- Medicen Paris Region
- Medical Valley EMN
- Medical University of Łódź
- Parc Cientific de Barcelona
- BioExel NUIG
- Universitat Politècnica de València
- Tecnalia Ventures
- Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- Innovation Skåne