Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
The CAIT-UPM incubator facilities for start-ups at the Polytechnic University of Madrid include office space (60m2 approx.); co-working spaces; reception, conferences and meeting rooms; limited access to auditorium; IT facilities and support; and private parking space.
The CAIT incubator is located at the Montegancedo Campus which has been acknowledged as an International Campus of Excellence. With 480,000m2 set in natural surroundings, the incubator has been developed in connection with other start-ups, companies and research centres looking for synergies.
We provide the following services related to digital health (e-health, m-health, clinical decision support, big data), and medtech and lifetech areas with a digital component:
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship Practical Training Programme:
- Business strategy
- Product and customer development
- Business acceleration
- Market strategy
- Mentoring programme with experts and potential customers;
- Validation programme: B2B meetings with health, industrial and investor sectors, demo days;
- Access to UPM equipment and facilities (depending on idea/technology and according to specific agreements);
- Access to public and private funding knowledge (regional and national programmes, seed capital, VC);
- Access to Spanish health system knowledge;
- International commercialisation support (depending on idea/technology and alignment with other markets); and
- Marketing services: promotional contents design and production (videos, factsheets), communication services.
The CAIT has its own Innovation and Entrepreneurship (I&E) Programmes to help create high-growth potential companies at the UPM’s community. Therefore, it develops its work around four specific parameters that define the birth of the project: team building, scientific and technological knowledge, supporting resources and business model.
The UPM Innovation & Entrepreneurship Health Ecosystem, the UPM Investors & Experts Network and the UPM Partnership all link partners to:
- UPM Centre for Biomedical Technology (CTB-UPM);
- UPM Health research groups;
- The Smart House Living Lab – part of the “Centre for Experimental Research in Applications and Ambient Intelligence” (CIAmI);
- Spin-offs and start-ups in the healthcare field from UPM Entrepreneurship Program – which has supported the creation of 235 start-ups;
- IESE Business Angels and Family Offices Network – a nexus of more than 130 entrepreneurs and investors exploring synergies in order to help creating new start-ups;
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship partners – Accenture (innovation & internationalisation), Rousaud Costas Duran SLP (legal), adhoc asesores (legal), Clarke Modet & C (IP and tech transfer).
- EIT Digital, EIT Raw Materials, RedEmprendia LatAm University network (Spain, Brazil, Portugal, Mexico, Colombia, Peru, Chile, Argentina), Sino-Spanish Campus in Shanghai (China), partnership with Tongji University (China).
- Instituto Pedro Nunes
- Ireland Smart Ageing Exchange
- Medicen Paris Region
- Medical Valley EMN
- Medical University of Łódź
- Parc Cientific de Barcelona
- BioExel NUIG
- Universitat Politècnica de València
- Tecnalia Ventures
- Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- Innovation Skåne